Chin-Chat!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

welcome back !! we missed ya!! ^_^

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inSuprise baby, possible breedback? need help  Store

Suprise baby, possible breedback? need help

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kimmie

Kimmie

Female Posts : 3
ChinPoints : 4600
Chinchillas Owned : 3

Suprise baby, possible breedback? need help  Empty
PostSubject: Suprise baby, possible breedback? need help    Suprise baby, possible breedback? need help  EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 12:52 pm

Hi im new to all of this and in desperate need of help! I have two chinchillas which i bought as a same sex pair so you can imagine my surprise when i go in to let them out and theres a rather large baby sat inbetween them! No mess no fuss just a baby, i had been in a while before and all seemed as norma no signs what so ever, i still cant believe it to be honest, good news is Mum and baby are doing very well and i have seperated the male but im extrememly concerned that the male was in with mum for about an hour after the birth until i discovered what had happened, what are the chances of her being pregnant again? And if she is how can i ensure she will be okay as obviously it will be a struggle being pregnant so soon and looking after the young baby, i am extremely worried as she is a first time mum how she will cope and her health any advice would be appreciated thanks
Back to top Go down
allyson17white

allyson17white

Female Posts : 43
ChinPoints : 4670
Chinchillas Owned : 9

PostSubject: chinchilla   Suprise baby, possible breedback? need help  EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 1:26 pm

chinchillas are pregnant for 4 months before they have babies. You can't tell intel the last days of pregnancy. But unless you saw the male chinchilla jumping around and being sooper exsited like mine dose they most likely did not breed back and I would not worry about it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.chinchillaplanet.webs.com
Kimmie

Kimmie

PostSubject: Re: Suprise baby, possible breedback? need help    Suprise baby, possible breedback? need help  EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 1:56 pm

Hi thats great thanks, i have been so worried about mum, as much as i love my new addition to the family im not planning on letting her have any more babies! I am planning on keeping the new kit tho so Is it okay for mum and baby to live together permanently? Its definately a girl ive had it confirmed by a vet so no more mistakes Smile
Back to top Go down
allyson17white

allyson17white

Female Posts : 43
ChinPoints : 4670
Chinchillas Owned : 9

PostSubject: yes   Suprise baby, possible breedback? need help  EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 2:00 pm

Yes thats fine
Back to top Go down
http://www.chinchillaplanet.webs.com
xoxoimhis
Admin
xoxoimhis

Female Posts : 71
ChinPoints : 6707
Chinchillas Owned : 4

PostSubject: Re: Suprise baby, possible breedback? need help    Suprise baby, possible breedback? need help  EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 7:35 pm

congrats on your surprise baby!! lol how funny!!
post pictures when you can!! i wanna see the little bugger. >.<
Back to top Go down
http://jessicahodges.scentsy.us
Peach

Peach

Female Posts : 5
ChinPoints : 4601
Chinchillas Owned : 30

PostSubject: Re: Suprise baby, possible breedback? need help    Suprise baby, possible breedback? need help  EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 8:20 pm

Yes, she can have a breed back. It takes 111 days for them to have babies. I had one breed back and the mom did very well with the old and new with the same pair. They had a total of 4 litters it was the third litter where she had a breed back.
Back to top Go down
Kimmie

Kimmie

PostSubject: Re: Suprise baby, possible breedback? need help    Suprise baby, possible breedback? need help  EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 12:16 pm

Hi thanks for your reply, im glad your chin coped well as i have been worried about how mine will manage if she is pregnant again but as shes fit and healthy im sure she'll do just fine, i am hoping shes not pregnant again but all i can do at the moment is treat her as if she is and wait as there is no way of knowing just yet but both her and baby are doing great at the moment so fingers crossed all continues to go well Smile thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suprise baby, possible breedback? need help    Suprise baby, possible breedback? need help  Empty

Back to top Go down

Suprise baby, possible breedback? need help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chin-Chat!! :: chinchilla breeding/pregnancy.-
Jump to: