Chin-Chat!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

welcome back !! we missed ya!! ^_^

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inBehavior improvement Store

Behavior improvement

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lin_n_chins

lin_n_chins

Female Posts : 62
ChinPoints : 4721
Chinchillas Owned : 3

Behavior improvement Empty
PostSubject: Behavior improvement   Behavior improvement EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 11:03 pm

An update on my chinchies since being in their new cages for a few weeks now...

they are so much happier!!! Mac and Ringo used to bite me hard allllll the time... they haven't bitten hard once. Mac isn't giving warning barks to me anymore. He will bound up to me and say hi (or looking for a treat). Ringo will let me rub all over his belly and chin and squeaks at me. Lenny has always been sweet, but he is being more social with me, bounding over and goin nose to nose with me all the time. I think they feel a lot more comfortable being eye-level with me now, instead of me hovering way above them which would feel like a predator. Anyways, as much work as the cages were with fixing up: cleaning, de-rusting, replacing all the bolts, and making shelves and fleece..... it was sooo worth it just for the behavior improvements Smile
Back to top Go down
xoxoimhis
Admin
xoxoimhis

Female Posts : 71
ChinPoints : 6729
Chinchillas Owned : 4

PostSubject: Re: Behavior improvement   Behavior improvement EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 5:39 pm

oh yay!! i'm so happy they're doing good!! ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://jessicahodges.scentsy.us
AZChins

AZChins

Female Posts : 6
ChinPoints : 4611
Chinchillas Owned : 260

PostSubject: Re: Behavior improvement   Behavior improvement EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 5:39 pm

How long have you had these chins? Sometimes it just takes awhile for them to settle in and feel comfortable. Some chins are fine the next day and others take a couple months until they enjoy human interaction.
Back to top Go down
lin_n_chins

lin_n_chins

Female Posts : 62
ChinPoints : 4721
Chinchillas Owned : 3

PostSubject: Re: Behavior improvement   Behavior improvement EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 6:20 pm

I have had Ringo for 5.5 years and Lenny/Mac for 1 year. Ringo seems to just be bipolar. As for Lenny/Mac, I bought them for Ringo to be buddies but that didn't work out but I kept them anyway. Mac was always mean from the get-go... Lenny always nice.... but even after a year of no trauma, Mac was still mean. The pair was in one of those Super Pet cages, kinda small for 2, so I recently upgraded all 3 to 2 Ferret Nations to hopefully improve their health and behavior and it worked Smile But Mac is still sketchy about my fingers coming close.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Behavior improvement   Behavior improvement Empty

Back to top Go down

Behavior improvement
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chin-Chat!! :: general chinchilla chat.-
Jump to: