Chin-Chat!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

welcome back !! we missed ya!! ^_^

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inInsert something witty here... Store

Insert something witty here...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
That_Ghost

That_Ghost

Female Posts : 14
ChinPoints : 4656
Chinchillas Owned : 2

Insert something witty here... Empty
PostSubject: Insert something witty here...   Insert something witty here... EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 1:55 pm

Hi all. I'm Natalie. I know my username may be misleading, but I'm not, in fact, a ghost. Shocking, I know. I always pick usernames out of whatever song I happen to be listening to at that exact moment. This time, I was listening to The Mars Volta's Miranda That Ghost Just Isn't Holy Anymore. Anyways, I'm 23 and just graduated with a double degree in psychology and music in June. Now I'm looking for work...not so easy... I'm filling my time up with chin related activities while I wait and apply to massive amounts of job postings.

I know I put down that I have two chins, but right now I really only have one. I'm sure there will be a second one added in the next few days though! I'm going to look at a baby chinnie tonight and hopefully pick him up. For now, I have one boy, named Chiquito (Chico for short). His original name was Chiquita Banana, but that was because the chick we got him from thought he was a girl. It quickly became apparent that he was not... so a name change was in order, but he already sort of knew his name, so he's Chico now. He's a standard grey and is somewhere between one and two years old. The girl also said that he was one when we picked him up, but he's grown so much since then that we really doubt her.

Besides chinnies, I love music...good music. Not pop or country or rap... okay some rap lol. I'm also a huuuuuge gamer. Like, as I sit here I'm playing Bioshock and words with friends at the same time heh. Enough non-chin talk though. When I got my chin he was in a cage too small, being fed hamster food, not getting any exercise, and in improper bedding. He didn't even have a name! We rescued him from a terrible owner and, since then, I've noticed that many people are awful chin owners! I doubt they mean to be, but facts are facts. I see little kids with chins, manhandling them and poking them for fun. Youtube videos of chins make me sick. Half of them show clearly abused chins. It makes me so sad. All of this together has driven me to want to start a chin rescue. I wanted to breed and maybe I will someday, but there's already so many chins that need a good home. I feel like I have to do something. When I have the money (i.e., a job...) and a bigger place (i.e., not a studio...) I will probably be starting a rescue with my roommate who's just as moved as I am. So if you know anyone in the Chicago area who is looking to get rid of their chin, please let me know. I have an extra cage and, though it's a little small, it's big enough for a single chin. Plus, I give them lots of playtime everyday, and, honestly, I'd rather see them in a cage that's just a tiny bit too small than in the hands of someone who can't care for it.
Back to top Go down
lin_n_chins

lin_n_chins

Female Posts : 62
ChinPoints : 4740
Chinchillas Owned : 3

PostSubject: Re: Insert something witty here...   Insert something witty here... EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 4:12 pm

Welcome!!!! It makes me so happy to hear that you are an educated chin owner and know what is right or wrong for chinchillas. I too get so angry at chin owners who don't have a clue about how to take care of them, and treat them like rabbits, or like you said, hamsters. Ugh. Good on ya for wanting to start a rescue!!!! I wish you the best of luck with that and good luck finding a job!! Smile

Lindsey
Back to top Go down
xoxoimhis
Admin
xoxoimhis

Female Posts : 71
ChinPoints : 6748
Chinchillas Owned : 4

PostSubject: Re: Insert something witty here...   Insert something witty here... EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 7:05 pm

welcome to chin-chat!! i really hope you enjoy it here!! and your story is great!! that you want to rescue
chins and all!! i know it will definitely be worth it as well. when you get it up and going feel free to advertise
on here!! you never know who may be in your area. also you and my husband should talk. his sn is xoxoimhers.
lol he lovvvves games. i'm a gamer too but he is more. lol. i loved heavy rain and uncharted. an not WAIT for
uncharted 3 also. i also WoW it up on occassion but as of now my account is temporarily down. too many bills. >.<
Back to top Go down
http://jessicahodges.scentsy.us
That_Ghost

That_Ghost

Female Posts : 14
ChinPoints : 4656
Chinchillas Owned : 2

PostSubject: Re: Insert something witty here...   Insert something witty here... EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 11:40 am

Thanks Lindsey! I'm gonna need all the luck I can while searching for a job. You'd think my two degrees would help me get a job somewhere... at least at Best Buy or Radio Shack... of course they don't. I haven't even gotten one interview and I've applied for countless jobs Sad It's kind of demoralizing, but my mother told me that it took her a year and a half to find a job after she graduated and she also had two degrees and honors, so that cheered me up a bit. Still, I was insulted by Best Buy. I'm in there all the time. I saw a geek squad guy fixing some dude's computer wrong and I helped him! One guy told my old roommate he couldn't fix his computer. Yeah, I fixed it when he brought it to me. Bah, rant over. It just angers me.

xoxoimhis, everyone keeps recommending uncharted to me, but I just have zero money for games right now. I'm relying on borrowing games from people and taking their old ones off their hands hehe. I used to be crazy into WoW. I was just a leveler though. I would level characters and then my old roommate would take them through raids and stuff. I leveled his mage and pally, and I had a hunter, warlock, shaman, and rogue XD. I am such a total nerd. I can't really afford WoW now. Like you said, too many bills. You'd think with as many players as they have they could lower the price a bit... Blizzard/Activision is greedy as hell. I'm actually boycotting them right now cause Activision is trying to charge a subscription fee to play live on their new game (I can't remember which one). It's complete nonsense. If they do it successfully then all gaming companies will be doing it and soon I'll be paying for a live subscription, for the game itself (and games are ridiculously priced anyways) and the fee to play on xbox live. I'll only be able to play a few games online if they charge me! Not that I particularly enjoy being on xbox live... I get harassed by jerks (the old 30 year old ones in their mom's basement, the college bros, and the worst of them all... preteens with high pitched, piercing voices) waaaaaay too much. My favorite story involves two little kids just talking and talking away. I told them to keep it quit or go to a private channel or something, and they told me I had a high pitched voice for a dude XD. I was like uhhhhh I know you're not familiar with us...and never will be... but I'm a girl. That shut them up. Alright, I'm done rambling lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Insert something witty here...   Insert something witty here... Empty

Back to top Go down

Insert something witty here...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chin-Chat!! :: welcome new members!!-
Jump to: