Chin-Chat!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

welcome back !! we missed ya!! ^_^

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inMatted fur fixes? Store

Matted fur fixes?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
That_Ghost

That_Ghost

Female Posts : 14
ChinPoints : 4664
Chinchillas Owned : 2

Matted fur fixes? Empty
PostSubject: Matted fur fixes?   Matted fur fixes? EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 2:05 pm

Yesterday I took my boy out to meet another chin that I was thinking of adopting. I wanted to cage them together, so I had to see if they got along. Unfortunately, the other owners didn't want to let hers too far away from its cage and he got territorial. My chin is used to being a solo chin, so he wasn't about to be submissive. This led to some aggression. The other chin was much bigger than my small guy and had a huge upper hand on him. He got a few bites in before I could grab Chico away Sad (Side note: what makes me mad is that the other owner tried to play it off as nothing when my chin's ear had clearly been bitten, but whatever. She wanted me to take him anyways and I can forgive her for wanting to find a good home for her boy. I didn't take him though.) Long side note... but anyways, I noticed that some of my boys fur got tangled and slightly matted in the scuffle and he can't seem to groom it back to normal. He's super uptight about his fur (it's adorable!) and it bothers him. Should I take a brush or comb to it? Or should I trim it and wait for it to grow back? Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
allyson17white

allyson17white

Female Posts : 43
ChinPoints : 4719
Chinchillas Owned : 9

Matted fur fixes? Empty
PostSubject: groom   Matted fur fixes? EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 2:21 pm

Don't trim it. You can brush it out with a comb gently. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.chinchillaplanet.webs.com
That_Ghost

That_Ghost

Female Posts : 14
ChinPoints : 4664
Chinchillas Owned : 2

Matted fur fixes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matted fur fixes?   Matted fur fixes? EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 11:44 am

Yeah, I didn't think I should trim it. I didn't really want to. Another owner I know recommended it. She gives one of her chins trims once or twice a year. He looks really weird with his fur all cut up though.
Back to top Go down
Peach

Peach

Female Posts : 5
ChinPoints : 4650
Chinchillas Owned : 30

Matted fur fixes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matted fur fixes?   Matted fur fixes? EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 8:12 pm

You need to get a chinchilla comb. You comb from the tail base towards the head.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Matted fur fixes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matted fur fixes?   Matted fur fixes? Empty

Back to top Go down

Matted fur fixes?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chin-Chat!! :: chinchilla grooming.-
Jump to: