Chin-Chat!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

welcome back !! we missed ya!! ^_^

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inchiny problem Store

chiny problem

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
allyson17white

allyson17white

Female Posts : 43
ChinPoints : 4719
Chinchillas Owned : 9

chiny problem Empty
PostSubject: chiny problem   chiny problem EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 10:39 pm

I ride horses and my horse instructor has a chinchilla that is rely sick. The poor chiny is not eating since the vet took a tooth out because there is an abscess in her jaw or that is what the vet thinks it is. She will have to be put down if she dose not start eating, and I would at least like to know it anyone knows how to get her to start eating or at at least if you know what might rely be wrong with her because the vet is not positive. Crying or Very sad Sad Sweaty Chinnie
Back to top Go down
http://www.chinchillaplanet.webs.com
AZChins

AZChins

Female Posts : 6
ChinPoints : 4638
Chinchillas Owned : 260

chiny problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: chiny problem   chiny problem EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 8:29 pm

The chin really should be handfed with critical care and maybe some life line. This little chin has to be eating several times a day to ensure that the gut motility is maintained. Sometimes when a chin hasn't been eating gut motility drugs should be given with simethicone to keep things moving and keep gas from building up in the intestinal tract.

Chins just have to keep eating all the time. After this chin's mouth stops hurting she should go back to eating more on her own. Chins with tooth problems can be so delicate and require so much care.
Back to top Go down
allyson17white

allyson17white

Female Posts : 43
ChinPoints : 4719
Chinchillas Owned : 9

chiny problem Empty
PostSubject: chiny   chiny problem EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 4:14 pm

yes she is being hand fed but I think its been more than a week thats the problem.
Back to top Go down
http://www.chinchillaplanet.webs.com
Sponsored content

chiny problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: chiny problem   chiny problem Empty

Back to top Go down

chiny problem
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chin-Chat!! :: chinchilla health issues.-
Jump to: